We are pleased to announce the release of FreeMat 4.0 . This version brings major feature improvements and also changes to the internals of FreeMat. Here is a list of changes:
- Improved Editor with integrated debugger
- Improved Main Application UI with dockable workspace browser and command history:
- Just In Time compiler (enabled by default)
- Greatly improved compatibility with Matlab (over 366 compatibility tests pass)
- Dynamic linking with BLAS (users can use custom optimized BLAS libraries)
- Vectorized fprintf, sprintf, fscanf, sscanf functions
- Added patch handle graphics object
- Much faster figure drawing
- Ability to handle huge arrays (more than 2GB) when compiled under 64 bit OS
- Code profiler
- New array class implementation
- Compatible type handling
- JIT compiler. See an older post for details.
- CMake build system
You can download the new 4.0 release as usual from our Sourceforge.net Download page.